Gender: Gender @ Work
Gender in the Workplace Workshops
Class Length: 1/2 or Full Day
Gender differences can make or break an organization. Professional competence is gender neutral but the style we use to communicate and interact often differs between the sexes. Learn about gender differences, why they exist and how to interact so they don't limit your ability to succeed. Discover how men and women approach power and authority, communicate interpersonally and manage associates. Develop skills that leverage the unique strengths of both sexes while building productivity and effectiveness of the whole team.
- To identify similarities and differences between male and female work styles.
- To enhance interpersonal communication and management skills useful in effectively interacting with members of the opposite sex.
- To enhance teamwork and productivity among men and women in the workplace.
1. Skirts and Shirts
- Public Debate: Equitable vs Identical
- Business Case Dynamics
- Workplace Challenges and Accomplishments
- Sociobiology: combination of social and science impacts
- Physiology: our natural skills and learned competencies
- Psychology: individual uniqueness and genderless personalities
- Rituals of Conversation
- Art of Communication
- Advise from the Experts
- Personal Landmines
- Action Plan for Change
- Call to Action