Package a You They Can't Refuse
Self Presentation and Job Search Skills Workshops
Class Length: Full Day
Changing jobs due to RIF, promotion or personal choice? Candidates that present themselves in a unique way distinguish themselves from the competition and increase their probability of getting the job. Creating and presenting a compelling "Package" of unique traits and experience requires sincere self-examination and presentation technique. In this session, participants define their professional style, personal characteristics and internal roadblocks that limit their ability to showcase their talents. Then they are taught fun and effective techniques to present themselves in a memorable way. Participants walk away with a practical plan and strategy to get the job they really want.
Define your professional attributes, talents and skills
- Assess and inventory your capacity: strengths, weaknesses, experiences and skills
- Define who sits on your "Board of Directors" and discover which members help or hinder your ability to sell yourself
- Develop a mental model of successes and personal attributes that is easy to retrieve in an interview
- Create a lifeline of identified experiences that define your positive contributions and job linked accomplishments
- Establish a job support network to develop and utilize throughout the job search process
- Learn the elements and dynamics of personal marketing
- Create a personal marketing campaign for job searching, interviewing and promotion
- Practice giving a 1-3-5 minute personal pitch.